Today I did a lot. Henry had class and a meeting until 5:30. I just stayed in bed until about 2:30. When I got up, I got online for a few minutes and then went to get some food. Nothing special, just Subway, which I like better at home. Well, what I got is better at home. The Subways here also sell donuts as a part of the meal like we sell cookies. I don’t know if they sell cookies, but when I got my sub, there were no cookies. After I ate, I went outside and read for a little bit and waited for Henry to come back. Once he was back, we took the metro to “Sacre Coeur” which is like a cathedral.
The view from the top is pretty
! It was a great view of the city.
Inside the cathedral was nice also. After we left Sacre Coeur we went to the Eiffel Tower because when I saw it the first day it was from afar. The intricacies of little parts of the Eiffel Tower are really nice! It was hard to take a picture of it up close though. We sat at the Eiffel Tower for a minute to just rest. There were vendors walking around selling little Eiffel Tower key chains. There were several of them walking around, all selling the same thing, all walking not too far from each other. It was funny because when I cop on a bike would ride by they would just take off running or walking very fast, lol.
It was sprinkling for about 2 minutes (literally) while we were there also. After leaving the Eiffel Tower, we were just walking around looking for some place to eat on that side of the city. While walking, we ran into a Velib Bike System station. In my first semester engineering class this past year, we had to do research on this system as a part of our project, so to be able to see it up close was very cool! After walking around on that side of town, we just decided to go eat at this Indian restaurant in the Chatalet which has some delicious food! Yesterday, we ate outside, but this time we ate inside and it was just us two and another group of 4 people inside. French people love to eat outside, lol. I only have two more days left here before going to school in Germany but in two days I’ve seen a lot I think. I think because I don’t know exactly what I would want to see makes seeing anything just fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment