
Today we went to Potsdam which took us about 30 min or so to get to. Today was a LONG day but worth it in the long run. We learned more about the wall, where it was, and other interesting facts. We got to see lots of castles, villas, and etc.

The tour guide told us that a lot of the villas that people bought back years ago for .50 euros are now worth MILLIONS! The landscaping and gardens were made from paintings. Usually paintings come from real life pictures but this time it was the other way around. We also learned a lot about Friedrich the Great (as well as the other Friedrich) and got to see his tombstone. As we were on the tour, we walked through one of the gardens here and there were several naked people out tanning and relaxing in the grass. We even saw a naked guy juggling. Yes...NAKED! Here nudeness isn't a big deal so people can do things like that and it's OK. The tour we went on was 6 hours long, but I really liked everything I saw and learned. I think pictures would probably be the best way to see what I did today. Going across from left to right Brandenburg Gate (the one in Potsdam), Place where the Potsdam conference took place, a church corridor, Friedrich the Great's "get away house" (has 6 rooms), The view from the top of where Friedrich the Great's house is, this other house he had because too many people were coming to his "get away house" (has 300 rooms supposedly), his tombstone, and me in front of the other house. These are not nearly as many pictures I took today but they give a good overview of the parts of Potsdam I saw. (top two photos are of the bridge connecting Berlin and Potsdam and a place where royal families would sit and drink tea and such)

where the Potsdam conference took place

view from the top of Friedrick the Great's "get away" house

a church corridor

Friedrick the Great's "get away" house

The Brandenburg Gate in Potsdam

Friedrick the Great's tombstone

Me in front of the other "get away house" he had to accommodate his many visitors
No comments:
Post a Comment