Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Volkswagen!

Today we went to the Volkswagen factory. It took about an hour and a half by train to get there, but it was worth it! I was thankful that the tour wasn't a walking tour, because I was a little tired. We rode through the factory and were able to see basically each step of assembling a VW car. A lot of it was done by robots, but there were also workers doing things too. We unfortunately were not allowed to take pictures while inside the factory. ) : However, I took some before. While we were at the factory, I saw some pretty cool Volkswagens! I want a Touareg VW! lol After going on the tour, we had a few hours to get some food and just walk around. They had a Nike outlet store right near the factory but however, my roommate and I were very disappointed in the selection they had to offer. We found another shoe store though and I was debating which shoes I wanted. The shoes I did like were a little too small, so I didn't get them. On our way back from the VW plant, I decided I wanted to go see if the same shoe store near our apartment had the shoes I wanted. They didn't either so I wound up going to 2 other places and still not having any luck getting the shoes I originally wanted in my size, but I did get some other ones that I really liked! Another good thing about going to 3 different malls to find these shoes is the fact that they weren't expensive! ( :

Part of the factory


What we rode in on the tour


Inside shot of what we rode in


What I call a "car vending machine". This is where they hold the cars until the customer comes to buy it. It holds up to 400 cars!


Cool ball inside the VW building

No comments:

Post a Comment